Sunday, March 8, 2009

U-Bolts from Home Depot

. Sunday, March 8, 2009

I attached the ends to the spindles with 2" U-Bolts from Home Depot (2" instead of 2 1/2" because the end is ovalled). I bought four so I could double up the bottom part for an added margin of safety as it will bend around the spindle when you tighten it down.

Here are some pics:

Now for the fun part! Simply attach the tubing! I used the 600 degree Silicone ducting from Racer Parts Wholesale. It was about $60 for 11 feet but it should last quite a bit longer than the Home Depot stuff. Attach it to the ducts using a hose clamp, through the holes in the lower panels and to the end pipes. Keep it long and gradually trim it to length. I zip tied it to the tie rods so that it would move with the wheels as I turned them. You will still need to leave a little slack between the last outboard zip tie and the end pipe so the tubing can "grow" at full lock. The same goes for the last inboard zip tie and the hole in the lower panel--so the tubing can grow at full lock the other way....

------------------------------------------------------

Here is the end result:





0 comments:

Post a Comment